Saskatoon Old Fashioned May 17 2016
- 3/4 oz McClary Bros Michigan Saskatoon Drinking Vinegar
- 2 oz bourbon or rye
- 1/2 oz turbinado simple syrup (50/50)
- 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- 2 drops Black Walnut Bitters
- orange peel
Combine over ice all but the black walnut bitters in a cocktail shaker. Stir for 30 seconds then strain into an old-fashioned glass over big ice. Add 2 drops of Fee Brothers Black Walnut Bitters. Twist orange peel over the cocktail to express the oils and then give it a quick stir with the peel.
To make turbinado simple syrup, heat up 1/2 cup water. Before boiling, add 1/2 cup turbinado sugar (available at most grocery stores). Stir, allow to simmer, but avoid a strong boil. Once the sugar is dissolved, remove from heat. Allow to cool, then place in a glass jar and continue cooling in the refrigerator. Will be good in refrigerator for many weeks.
Grandpa's Rye November 30 2015
Rudy Leon - Detroit, MI
- 2 oz Rye
- .75 oz Aperol
- 1 oz McClary Bros. Basil Drinking Vinegar
- .5 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- .5 oz simple syrup
- 6-8 dashes of Angostura bitters
Add all the ingredients, except bitters, into a cocktail shaker of ice. Shake well. Strain over ice into a Collins glass. Top with bitters.