Courtesy of Chris Housholder, Punch Bowl Social, Detroit.
- 6 parts Two James Old Cockney Gin
- 3 parts Teakoe Peg Leg Pineapple Yerba Mate
- (see the Teakoe website for instructions)
- 2 parts McClary Bros Michigan Cranberry Drinking Vinegar
- 2 parts fresh lemon juice
- 2 parts cardamom simple syrup
Combine all ingredients into a cambro or other container with a dispenser. Whisk ingredients well. Dispense into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake, shake, shake it. Pour into a punch bowl. Once the entire batch has been dispensed, shaken and added to your punch bowl, add some expressed lemon peals and a sprig of thyme (see picture). Add ice just before serving.
To make cardamom simple syrup:
Bring simple syrup to a boil (1 to 1 water and sugar). After simple comes to a boil, pull off heat and add cardamom (2 tbl of ground cardamom per 1 liter water). Stir in cardamom and let steep for 1 hour. Strain through cheese cloth. Shake well before adding to punch.