Basil Shrub Vinaigrette December 29 2015
Courtesy of Chef Michael Broom -The Pig & The Pint, Atlanta
Use this dressing on your favorite salad greens. Toss with grapefruit segments, watermelon chunks, nuts, cheese and heirloom tomatoes to make a light, but satisfying salad anytime.
- 3 oz McClary Bros. Basil Drinking Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz fresh basil
In a blender, add basil drinking vinegar, salt, black pepper, Dijon mustard and garlic. Combine on low speed. With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil to create an emulsion. (Add a few drops of water to thicken the dressing out if it becomes too thick.) Add the fresh basil. Pulse a few times to combine.
McClary Bros. Vinaigrette December 15 2015
This dressing is so simple to make and can be drizzled on a bed of mixed greens, mixed in a tomato-garlic-basil mixture served on toasts for bruschetta, sprinkled over caprese salad, and so much more!
- 1 part McClary Bros. Drinking Vinegar (use your favorite flavor or experiment with combinations of flavors)
- 2 parts Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Sea Salt to taste